A forum for anyone interested in shetland sheepdogs (shelties)

BE AWARE

Suzanne
Puppy
Puppy

BE AWARE

Post by Suzanne on Sun 17 Jul 2011, 22:10

Although not a lost dog post a relevant bit of information.
I'll try to keep it short.

Please if you lose a dog, do not take the pounds word for it when they tell you that they do have one of your breed,etc but it's the wrong sex, colour

We adopted a dog last weekend, after going up to Leeds to pick her up,we bought her home knowing she wasn't 'chipped' but that I would do it here.

On running the scanner over her lo and behold a chip after speaking to Petlog and having to break the news to hubby that he was going to have to give the dog up.

I spoke to the owner, to find the little girl had been missing a month the owner had rung all the pounds in their area everyday to be told by one pound they only had a male in,this was the same day she went missing.
This little girl was 24hrs from being PTS before a husky welfare org stepped in and took her.

The pound maintain they did scan her. Even the basic scanner will pick up uk chips

The vet who vacinated her marked her paperwork as female. Reading is obviously not in the job description

The Husky org is just getting off the ground so could possibly forgive them for not doing a second scan.

When the owner rung the pound this week and gave them the reference no. they'd assigned her he said it was the one he'd told them about that was male!
The guy from the pound went to see them on Thursday to re-imburse them and for a biology lesson.
This is a London Borough.

Sorry this seems long but I felt it needed the story that prompted it told if abridged

Suzanne

murdoch123
Junior
Junior

Re: BE AWARE

Post by murdoch123 on Sun 17 Jul 2011, 23:04

What an awful thing to have happened. Shocking!!
kingsue
Junior
Junior

Post by kingsue on Sun 17 Jul 2011, 23:25

NOT surprised,Have also heard of organisations only having one scanner. If broken etc
dog is not scanned.
I know most charitys are short of money but this defeats the purpose of microchipping.

Susan

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue 19 Sep 2017, 21:31