A forum for anyone interested in shetland sheepdogs (shelties)

Sheltie at Wythal Animal Rescue

Chrissy
Limit
Limit

Sheltie at Wythal Animal Rescue

Post by Chrissy on Mon 16 Jul 2018, 07:11

Sable Sheltie.   Crossposted from FACEBOOK  There is a photo on their website

Brand new to our web site......Meet Lassie! We have not had many Shetland Sheepdogs in Wythall over the years. Lassie has been with us for a few weeks whilst she was vaccinated and assessed. Originally a stray our vet believes Lassie is about 5 years old. Ideally we are looking for someone who has been owned by a Sheltie before.They can be a bit aloof in their manner and that beautiful coat requires dedicated daily attention. 
Our neighbours, Val and David, who have lived next door to the Sanctuary since the 1970's used to keep and show Sheltie's for many years and Val has probably forgotten more about the breed than most of us will ever know! Visited Lassie today and agree she is a smashing little dog and if they were 10 years younger would have her like a shot! 
To read more about Lassie visit her profile page via this link 
https://wythallanimalrescue.org/pets-for-…/…/335-lassie.html
fernfarm
Graduate
Graduate

Re: Sheltie at Wythal Animal Rescue

Post by fernfarm on Mon 16 Jul 2018, 10:49

Chrissy my daughter told me about a man in Pershore who is looking for a Sheltie, he has had Rough Collies, and now feels they are too big for him, would like a male Sheltie!  
I'll get in touch with her when she gets back from work, I'm sure he will be interested.
sheltielady
Graduate
Graduate

Post by sheltielady on Mon 16 Jul 2018, 13:25

This sheltie has now been reserved
Chrissy
Limit
Limit

Post by Chrissy on Mon 16 Jul 2018, 14:28

Thought as much hope it has gone to a lovely home, older shelties are like "hens teeth"
fernfarm
Graduate
Graduate

Post by fernfarm on Mon 16 Jul 2018, 17:00

Oh well, one less thing to worry about. Let us know if it doesn't work out!

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon 19 Nov 2018, 04:45