A forum for anyone interested in shetland sheepdogs (shelties)

stealing dogs

Lesley Fakley
Junior
Junior

stealing dogs

Post by Lesley Fakley on Thu 16 Jun 2016, 08:14

I have just been told that if you see a patch of  sand on your driveway that you have not put there, be aware,as people are going around stealing dogs.  Apparently they put sand on driveways that they know have dogs and return when the owner is out.

Quite frightening. scared2

Lesley

shadesable Double merle

Lindsay
Open
Open

Re: stealing dogs

Post by Lindsay on Thu 16 Jun 2016, 08:39

Paint marks opposite the drive or paint marks beside the gateway are others I have heard of.

Lindsay
Jackie
Limit
Limit

Post by Jackie on Thu 16 Jun 2016, 14:43

I had a yellow drawing pin put in my gate post about a year ago, apparently yellow means 'medium size dogs'. this was after I had received a parcel delivery.  Needless to say it wasn't there long.  Am always very vigilante now.

Jackie
Ka7e
Graduate
Graduate

Post by Ka7e on Thu 16 Jun 2016, 16:39

Most of these are hoax alerts. If someone was indentifying a house where dogs are kept, surely they would record the address to pass on. Do you think there are bands of itinerant dognappers out looking for paint /chalk/sand markers? In the age of mobile phones and GPS, stealing dogs is much more high-tech. If you do find a strange mark outside your house, it's likely to be kids or pranksters.

Dog thefts often follow a visit to the premises - people selling door-to-door, who might check out side gates or door security. Visits by potential puppy buyers, who actually get inside your home and can see the whole set-up. Or, it's an opportunist crime - when dogs are left unattended in insecure gardens.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue 19 Sep 2017, 21:38