A forum for anyone interested in shetland sheepdogs (shelties)

A Sheltie has been found

Re: A Sheltie has been found

Post by Guest on Mon 16 Jun 2014, 14:45

Thanks Jenny  - but the official 'rescue' are not dealing with him  - the home that's been offered is through this forum ( Carolyn ) - unless the centre he is in decide to contact 'rescue' and sign him over  thinking
Shougieshel

Post by Shougieshel on Mon 16 Jun 2014, 16:42

Don`t worry Nina, as soon as I find out where he is, I will let you all know so Carolyn can contact them. Where does Carolyn live?

~~~~~~~~~~~
Jen

SHOUGIE SHELTIES

Post by Guest on Mon 16 Jun 2014, 16:47

Shougieshel wrote:Don`t worry Nina, as soon as I find out where he is, I will let you all know so Carolyn can contact them. Where does Carolyn live?

cheers   Its ok Jenny , Ive just heard from Tricia - they returned her call earlier and said that he is in the rescue centre for the 7 days and if no owner is found, then he will be up for adoption . Tricia offered to foster him etc , but they said he is in a good rescue centre and they will groom  / bath him etc before he can be re homed . They have asked that Carolyn phone them on Wednesday  clap  cheers
Shougieshel

Post by Shougieshel on Mon 16 Jun 2014, 16:50

Good news! At least he will be more presentable when Carolyn sees him in the fur! Just looked and Carolyn is in the New Forest - long way to come! I`m sure he will be worth it though.

~~~~~~~~~~~
Jen

SHOUGIE SHELTIES

dellasmum
Puppy
Puppy

A sheltie has been found

Post by dellasmum on Mon 16 Jun 2014, 18:11

Just catching up.  Excellent news can't wait for wednesday!  I'm glad they are taking care of him but we will deal with whatever problems he has, bless his cotton socks.  He reminds me very much of Brandy that we homed through the forum a few years ago.  He was very poorly but he spent 18mths very happily with us, with his one wonky back leg and sunken eye, before he joined the other oldies at the bridge.
Should be able to get to north london, went to Chatham to collect Brandy and to Many Tears and back in the day to collect Kip.

Excited now!

Carolyn
rdiamond
Open
Open

Post by rdiamond on Mon 16 Jun 2014, 19:12

Awww thats good news  cheers
Stormhead
Open
Open

Post by Stormhead on Mon 16 Jun 2014, 19:22

Hope you get him Carolyn as I know you will give him a wonderful home.  cheers 

June  bluemerle   shadesable   bluemerle   goldsable   goldsable
linda

Post by linda on Mon 16 Jun 2014, 20:18

I can vouch that Carolyn will give him a good home, Carolyn had a sheltie via rescue a few years back and he was in a bit of a mess too.

Fingers crossed for you Carolyn!

Linda

dellasmum
Puppy
Puppy

A sheltie has been found

Post by dellasmum on Mon 16 Jun 2014, 21:49

Thanks June and Linda for your kind words.  Yes Linda that was Brandy. 

Holiday next week so hope the rescue will not find that a problem as we will be able to collect him the following Sunday.

Carolyn

Post by Guest on Tue 17 Jun 2014, 13:24

He will have a fab home if Carolyn gets him  Wink  - we have kept in contact for several years now since she had Kip from MT .  Wink 

I have been very 'taken' by this poor lads photos  - especially as they have named him Willy  - reminds me of my late William .

I was told by my hubby that we could have him  - but I really can not have another one at present .  tissue
Mistvale
Open
Open

Post by Mistvale on Tue 17 Jun 2014, 13:58

Good luck Carolyn, hope all goes well for you when you see him tomorrow.

dellasmum
Puppy
Puppy

a sheltie has been found

Post by dellasmum on Wed 18 Jun 2014, 11:16

Have spoken to Angela , the dog warden who took him in.  She has given me the rescue details, I was sworn to secrecy not to disclose at the moment!

I have spoken to them, his 7 days are up tomorrow, they will then assess him before putting him on the web site.  They will not discuss him until he is on the site.  I am going to email them though then hopefully I will be at the front of the queue.

Angela called him Little Willy because she couldn't find his bits!!  She said he was a bit growly when she first got to him but he soon bonded with her.  She said he was very hot, it was one of the hot days.

We will be taking the computer when we go on holiday next week.

Keep everything crossed for us that he will come home.

Carolyn

Post by Guest on Wed 18 Jun 2014, 11:29

You know I am wishing you all the luck in the world  Wink  - if I can do anything at all form here, just ring me  Wink  Very Happy

dellasmum
Puppy
Puppy

a sheltie has been found

Post by dellasmum on Wed 18 Jun 2014, 11:37

Thanks Nina

Carolyn

Post by Guest on Wed 18 Jun 2014, 11:53

cheers
Shelridge
Open
Open

Post by Shelridge on Wed 18 Jun 2014, 12:08

Sending vibes that you'll be able to have him Carolyn.  He couldn't go to a better home.  Do they have any idea where he's come from?

Chris

dellasmum
Puppy
Puppy

Post by dellasmum on Wed 18 Jun 2014, 12:14

No idea.  They checked for micro chip but none found.  I really really want him NOW!

Have just emailled them so hope I may get a positive reply.

Carolyn
Mistvale
Open
Open

Post by Mistvale on Wed 18 Jun 2014, 16:24

Keeping everything crossed for you Carolyn......
rdiamond
Open
Open

Post by rdiamond on Wed 18 Jun 2014, 19:09

Sworn to secrecy not to disclose ......... putting him on the website and will not discuss him until he is on the site  confused 

How strange why can't you just adopt him after his check up  really?

dellasmum
Puppy
Puppy

Post by dellasmum on Wed 18 Jun 2014, 22:53

I don't know their reasons but I guess it's possible that they don't want to get peoples' hopes up if there is a problem.  I haven't had any contact with anyone from the rescue yet but will ask them if I do. 
You would think they would be delighted to be able to rehome an elderly poorly dog to an experienced breed home.

carolyn
rdiamond
Open
Open

Post by rdiamond on Thu 19 Jun 2014, 00:42

"think they would be delighted to be able to rehome an elderly poorly dog to an experienced breed home"   Completely agree  cheers 

I really hope he comes 'home' to you ......... if not then something is very wrong

dellasmum
Puppy
Puppy

Post by dellasmum on Thu 19 Jun 2014, 13:54

Have had a reply!  Thanking me for my interest, confirming that he is under assessment.  They will be in touch when they have more information.

Also sent details of adoption process, includes all dogs must visit the kennels and the new owners must visit twice!  A bit of a trek from Christchurch to north London!!.

I feel like I am jumping through hoops.

I have replied asking if it really necessary for a 16yr old arthritic dog to travel all that way in this heat. 

I am becoming very disheartened, just hope there is some room for easing of the rules.

Carolyn

Post by Guest on Thu 19 Jun 2014, 14:12

duh  duh  duh 

Just typical  - sounds like the similar situation we had recently with Many Tears   madangry 

I feel sorry for the poor dog and for you Carolyn  - why keep him waiting around when there is a home waiting ?  duh  madangry

dellasmum
Puppy
Puppy

Post by dellasmum on Thu 19 Jun 2014, 14:48

I suppose they have to health check but would have thought that would have been done straight away.  They have to be able to tell prospective owners as much as possible.  But I don't care I just want to get him home.
Rosie-Posy
Graduate
Graduate

Post by Rosie-Posy on Thu 19 Jun 2014, 17:42

Carolyn, is there any possibility that they can come and home check you rather than you trekking all that way?
Rules can be bent and I have done it in the past for people that cannot travel or are disabled or house bound. I have home checked them and taken references from their vet and even followed up with a visit after the dog has been placed to make sure all is well.
I truly hope it works out for you and will keep everything here crossed...and all paws and tails.rotfl 

Alison.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri 24 Nov 2017, 20:36