A forum for anyone interested in shetland sheepdogs (shelties)

A Sheltie has been found

Mistvale
Open
Open

A Sheltie has been found

Post by Mistvale on Fri 13 Jun 2014, 18:53

A sheltie has been found according to Doglost, here is the link to the details:-

SHELTIE FOUND

Last edited by Mistvale on Fri 13 Jun 2014, 19:05; edited 1 time in total
Shelridge
Open
Open

Re: A Sheltie has been found

Post by Shelridge on Fri 13 Jun 2014, 19:00

Poor little chap.  What a state he's in!

Chris
SheilaR
Open
Open

Post by SheilaR on Fri 13 Jun 2014, 20:08

Aww bless him. crying

I think that is Hendon , Barnett area ?
mary wynn
Open
Open

Post by mary wynn on Fri 13 Jun 2014, 23:36

OH Please hope his owners will come for him, seeing the state and lost look on his dear little face

has so upset me,  crying 

mary.
Chrissy
Limit
Limit

Post by Chrissy on Sat 14 Jun 2014, 06:45

Poor mite tissue   Yes NW9 is Edgware/Colindale area North London where we used to live.

Chrissy

Post by Guest on Sat 14 Jun 2014, 14:16

poor soul . Is there anyone local that can take him in until his owners are found ?  Can sheltie rescue help ??
Stormhead
Open
Open

Post by Stormhead on Sat 14 Jun 2014, 14:45

As the poor dog is in such a bad state, maybe better not to go back to the owner.
but maybe the owner is not in a good stare as well

June  bluemerle   shadesable   bluemerle   goldsable   goldsable
Claire N

Post by Claire N on Sat 14 Jun 2014, 15:04

That's a good point June - he does look an oldie, just hope he can be settled somewhere safe soon

Claire

dellasmum
Puppy
Puppy

Post by dellasmum on Sat 14 Jun 2014, 22:39

Has anyone rung the lady that has reported him?  He looks like he would fit in with our elderly bunch.  His face is very similar to Brandy that we rehomed through Pro Dogs a few years ago.  He could come and live with us.

Carolyn
Mistvale
Open
Open

Post by Mistvale on Sun 15 Jun 2014, 07:22

Maybe have a word with Doglost Carolyn I'm sure they would be able to give you some advice.  Good luck.
pepperhill
Open
Open

Post by pepperhill on Sun 15 Jun 2014, 11:01

June wrote:As the poor dog is in such a bad state, maybe better not to go back to the owner.
but maybe the owner is not in a good stare as well

June  bluemerle   shadesable   bluemerle   goldsable   goldsable

That's a little harsh.
the dog may have been living rough for quite some time.  JMHO

I did wonder if it was "Bailey" the S/W dog that went missing from Nottingham Nov 2012.

He was not that old, but if this dog has been fending for himself for a long time he would look a bit of a mess.

Sandra

Post by Guest on Sun 15 Jun 2014, 11:57

I posted the details yesterday on the sheltie list and asked if anyone could help  - tricia john emailed me and I replied asking if she could contact the finder maybe , as she is quite close .

Post by Guest on Sun 15 Jun 2014, 12:00

Sandra, its not bailey  - I ve checked the photos  - bailey is a mismark ( patches of white all over his body ).

Post by Guest on Sun 15 Jun 2014, 12:04

dellasmum wrote:Has anyone rung the lady that has reported him?  He looks like he would fit in with our elderly bunch.  His face is very similar to Brandy that we rehomed through Pro Dogs a few years ago.  He could come and live with us.

Carolyn

yipee that would be fab Carolyn . I have just checked my emails and Tricia John is able to contact the finder  but can not keep him long term , but I have mentioned you to her  - I am going to email her the finders tel number now and pm you too   Wink
glennieblue
Open
Open

Post by glennieblue on Sun 15 Jun 2014, 12:49

fingers crossed,lets hope between you you can sort him out a fab home.Good luck,
glennieblue
pepperhill
Open
Open

Post by pepperhill on Sun 15 Jun 2014, 13:21

nina wrote:Sandra, its not bailey  - I ve checked the photos  - bailey is a mismark ( patches of white all over his body ).

I realise Bailey is mis-marked. The original photographs only show his mis-marked RIGHT hand side and the "found" dog only shows photos of his LEFT hand side.

I always was suspicious of Bailey having been taken by travellers in the area at the time he went missing.

Probably have all the local travellers beating a path to my door, now and sticking pins in an effigy (Sp)

Anyway, hope someone soon claims this boy that has been found

Sandra
Shougieshel

Post by Shougieshel on Sun 15 Jun 2014, 17:34

Just had a look at the pics of Bailey as well. He has a plain face, no white on his face at all, so I don`t think it is him.

Just called to speak to the lady mentioned on the page, but went to answering machine, so left a message and waiting to see if she will call back.

~~~~~~~~~~~
Jen

SHOUGIE SHELTIES

Post by Guest on Sun 15 Jun 2014, 18:18

Tricia John has phoned the tel number and offered to take him in etc and sort him out and hopefully  ( all being well ), Carolyn may then give him a home , if no owner is located .   It went to answer phone , but she left a message to explain how she is willing to help  cheers

Post by Guest on Sun 15 Jun 2014, 18:28

pepperhill wrote:

I realise Bailey is mis-marked. The original photographs only show his mis-marked RIGHT hand side and the "found" dog only shows photos of his LEFT hand side.

I always was suspicious of Bailey having been taken by travellers in the area at the time he went missing.

Probably have all the local travellers beating a path to my door, now and sticking pins in an effigy (Sp)

Anyway, hope someone soon claims this boy that has been found

Sandra
there is an extra photo of Bailey on Doglost showing his other side  Wink
mollyabbi
Graduate
Graduate

Post by mollyabbi on Sun 15 Jun 2014, 19:30

Poor little chap... what a state his coat is in,   all that matt. Hope someone can love him and renew his sheltie finery.
Margaret   Megan sablegallop  and Skye  blue gallop
Shougieshel

Post by Shougieshel on Mon 16 Jun 2014, 11:04

I`ve just had a phone call back from Angela, the animal welfare officer who posted on Dogslost about this sheltie.

She was pleased to hear that people are concerned about him. She told me he is in a rescue centre (wouldn`t say which one yet) and is being well looked after. Once he has done his 7 days, he will be available for adoption if no-one has come forward for him. The rescue would possibly consider Sheltie Rescue taking him on. So, I will call her back again on Thursday to see what the situation is and she will give me more information then. She thinks he is about 8 years plus.

~~~~~~~~~~~
Jen

SHOUGIE SHELTIES

Post by Guest on Mon 16 Jun 2014, 13:14

not sure if they have returned Tricia's call yet , but as I said , she is willing to collect him , tidy him up and Carolyn ( Dellasmum on here ) is more than willing to give him a forever home .

I hope they will call Tricia very soon as there is a home waiting for him .
Shougieshel

Post by Shougieshel on Mon 16 Jun 2014, 13:38

I`m sure she will return the call Nina, but if she doesn`t I will call again Thursday anyway. He won`t be released until after Thursday anyway as they are obliged to give the owner a chance to contact them.

~~~~~~~~~~~
Jen

SHOUGIE SHELTIES

Post by Guest on Mon 16 Jun 2014, 13:53

cheers  do they know there is a home waiting for him if no owner is located ?
Shougieshel

Post by Shougieshel on Mon 16 Jun 2014, 14:15

I didn`t tell them there was anyone specific, but that rescue did have people wanting older shelties from time to time. I will let her know there is someone when I call her Thursday.

~~~~~~~~~~~
Jen

SHOUGIE SHELTIES

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue 19 Sep 2017, 21:39