A forum for anyone interested in shetland sheepdogs (shelties)

problems uploading a new avatar!

fiona.etkin
Puppy
Puppy

problems uploading a new avatar!

Post by fiona.etkin on Wed 11 Dec 2013, 12:18

Hi!
just wondered if anyone else had been having probs trying to upload or change their avatar? i have just managed to succesfully upload some new pics onto the forum but can't seem to change my avatar??? i seem to have now lost my avatar completely.

If there any smart techno-wizzes out there able to help me i'd be very grateful.

Thanking you!

Fiona and Benji. xsablegallop
Stormhead
Open
Open

Re: problems uploading a new avatar!

Post by Stormhead on Wed 11 Dec 2013, 16:26

Sorry can not help but don't think I will change mine in case I can not put one on again Wink rotfl

June xmassy bluemerle shadesable bluemerle goldsable goldsablexmassy
Mistvale
Open
Open

Post by Mistvale on Thu 12 Dec 2013, 09:32

It is a general problem at the moment I believe, Maybe try again when things have calmed down.
pepperhill
Open
Open

Post by pepperhill on Thu 12 Dec 2013, 11:07

Not sure if there is a problem at the moment, I daren't go into mine to attempt to change it in case I end up without one as well.

However, the proceedure is:
click on "Profile" just below the header photograph.
When next window opens, click on "Avatar"

Follow the instructions to upload a new avatar....TAKE PARTICULAR NOTE OF THE SIZE REQUIREMENTS.

64 KB is a very small file size, bearing in mind that most modern cameras take pics at AT LEAST 3 MB

Hope this helps

Sandra
Sheltieuk
Graduate
Graduate

Post by Sheltieuk on Thu 12 Dec 2013, 11:46

I've just changed mine with no problem, as Sandra said the size and dimensions are important.
Claire N

Post by Claire N on Thu 12 Dec 2013, 11:55

I did 'pm' you Fiona - as others have said it could be the size of picture you are trying to upload

... but I see you now have an avatar Wink

Claire
fiona.etkin
Puppy
Puppy

Post by fiona.etkin on Thu 12 Dec 2013, 15:15

Claire N wrote:I did 'pm' you Fiona - as others have said it could be the size of picture you are trying to upload

... but I see you now have an avatar Wink

Claire

Hi Claire,
Thanx for your reply, yes i did get your pm message thanx.
It's really odd because as far i can tell, i can't see my own avatar!!! i'd be grateful if u have any ideas of why this might be and if there is a way to rectofy it.

Thanking you,

Fiona and Benji. x
Sheltieuk
Graduate
Graduate

Post by Sheltieuk on Thu 12 Dec 2013, 15:41

Have you could try clearing your browser cache, Fiona, browsers normally store copies of pages you visit frequently in the cache on your computer so that they load quicker. If changes are made to the webpage such as changing your avatar this change quite often wont show up on your computer until you refresh the page or clear the browser cache. Let me know which browser you use if your not sure how to do it, and I will sort out some instructions for you.
pepperhill
Open
Open

Post by pepperhill on Thu 12 Dec 2013, 18:54

I cannot see your avatar either, Fiona.

These things are so strange, confused
I have never been able to see the avatar uploaded by Heidi: "Heidron" nor have I ever been able to see any of the pictures she has uploaded. Everyone else can, it is so frustrating when other members comment on what lovely pictures Heidi has posted and I just can't see them grrrrrrr madangry madangry

It will be interesting to see if I am able to see any pictures YOU post to the forum, Fiona. interest

Sandra
fiona.etkin
Puppy
Puppy

Post by fiona.etkin on Thu 26 Dec 2013, 08:42

hooray!!!! well i don't know why i was having trouble earlier in the month changing my profile pic but i did exactly the same thing just now and it worked so i think that maybe you were right Cath! pleased to be able to have an avatar again! me and my boy!

Fiona and Benji. x sablegallop

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon 18 Dec 2017, 05:13