A forum for anyone interested in shetland sheepdogs (shelties)

Sheltie missing between Farnham and Fleet

Nikki
Open
Open

Post by Nikki on Wed 30 Jan 2013, 19:42

Copied from Facebook:
I am devastated I have lost my daughters little Sheltie. I am so distaught I can't even think where he could be.
We looked all afternoon but nobody has sighted him. If you or any of your friends are anywhere between farnham and fleet please watch out for him. He is a very small tri by the name of Trouble. He is also very timid.
linda

Re: Sheltie missing between Farnham and Fleet

Post by linda on Wed 30 Jan 2013, 20:18

Please can anyone in this area help with the search. This is Eleanor Balchins daughters little chap, Trouble. Pm me if you can help - i will send you Eleanors phone number. Trouble is very tiny.

I have suggested Eleanor registers him on doglost, apparentlye Sophie has made posters and the local dog warden is aware too.

Linda
burnmist
Open
Open

Post by burnmist on Wed 30 Jan 2013, 21:14

Hope Trouble is found soon safe and sound.

Annette
mary wynn
Open
Open

Post by mary wynn on Wed 30 Jan 2013, 21:20

O GOSH. I do feel so sorry for you and your daughter.what a rotton thing to have had
happened to you.

am sending positive thoughts that trouble will be found and home with you all soon.

mary.
Claire N

Post by Claire N on Wed 30 Jan 2013, 21:24

Sending positive thoughts and hoping for a happy outcome soon

Claire
Heidron
Junior
Junior

Help urgently needed to find lost Sheltie

Post by Heidron on Wed 30 Jan 2013, 22:27

This little Sheltie's name is Trouble. He was lost today at Fleet Pond off J 4A of the M3. Please spread the word if you know anyone in the area. Many thanks. Heidi

rdiamond
Open
Open

Post by rdiamond on Wed 30 Jan 2013, 23:37

Oh dear how awful for you all & poor little Trouble

Yes sending all positve thoughts out sos
Mistvale
Open
Open

Post by Mistvale on Thu 31 Jan 2013, 07:58

Heidron wrote:This little Sheltie's name is Trouble. He was lost today at Fleet Pond off J 4A of the M3. Please spread the word if you know anyone in the area. Many thanks. Heidi

Has he been registered on Doglost yet? they do a fantastic job and are very helpful in giving advice.
evita0_8
Open
Open

Post by evita0_8 on Thu 31 Jan 2013, 10:03

Have seen on Facebook that Trouble has been sighted in Aldershot. Don't know if anyone is out that way. Fingers crossed that he's home soon.

Denise
Joykadiz
Limit
Limit

Post by Joykadiz on Thu 31 Jan 2013, 11:30

A sighting is a great start as you have an idea where to look for him now love

Hope he is found soon good luck

Sending positive thoughts

Joy goldsable goldsable goldsable bluemerle blue gallop sablegallop sablegallop

mandy hoare
Graduate
Graduate

Post by mandy hoare on Thu 31 Jan 2013, 17:35

I hope Trouble is found safe and well soon good luck Mandy
Heidron
Junior
Junior

Post by Heidron on Thu 31 Jan 2013, 19:08

Update on Trouble. We searched the area of Fleet Pond, Farnborough Park, and anything in between. Sadly with no luck. There had been several sightings. Unfortunately some of them were from yesterday, but were only put on fb this morning, but one was from earlier today which gave us hope. Eleanor and Sophie distributed plenty of posters. We met lots of dog walkers and several turned up to join the search after reading about Trouble on fb. We were very lucky as a local pet ambulance driver gave up his day off and drove around with us everywhere. His knowledge of the area was invaluable and we can't thank him enough. Also the MOD were brill. They passed the message around and we actually met a couple of soldiers who already knew Trouble by name and description. By sheer coincidence we met a scout master who told us that 100 scouts are on a field trip at Fleet Pond this afternoon. With so many people now alerted there is still every chance that Trouble will be found safe and sound. A while ago there had been another possible sighting in Aldershot, which Eleanor and Sophie are checking out. Ian in the meantime is stationed in the car park where Trouble got lost in case he decides to go back there. I am home now not knowing what to do with myself. It's just waiting and hoping.
Heidron
Junior
Junior

Post by Heidron on Thu 31 Jan 2013, 20:07

Would just like to add that doglost has been contacted as well as vets, police, dog wardens, the MOD, petlog and park rangers. Fingers crossed for good news.

Heidi
SheilaR
Open
Open

Post by SheilaR on Thu 31 Jan 2013, 22:54

Thinking of you and wishing good luck with finding Trouble
Karmidale
Open
Open

Post by Karmidale on Fri 01 Feb 2013, 09:00

Wishing everyone a positive search today
Claire N

Post by Claire N on Fri 01 Feb 2013, 09:05

Yes, let's hope this little chap gets found soon

Doglost link -

http://www.doglost.co.uk/dog-blog.php?dogId=48075
Lian
Open
Open

Post by Lian on Fri 01 Feb 2013, 15:20

No sighting of little Trouble today crying

This is the new thread on facebook:
http://www.facebook.com/MissingSheltieHelpReuniteTrouble?ref=stream

Dale & Luds, I think you are very close to the area where Trouble gone missing, maybe you can help joining the search?

Thanks
Luds
Admin
Admin

Post by Luds on Fri 01 Feb 2013, 16:13

Only just seen this, it sounds like a wide area to search - fleet is quite a distance from Aldershot. I shall see if we could go with our lot to those sightings places and maybe Trouble will be attracted by our shelties. As we like walking really early when it's quieter he might also be more inclined to show himself... Worth a try as it's near us... Will report on if/what we see tomorrow morning :-) Wink

~~~~~~~~~~~
Luds star 
www.fleurdemai.weebly.com

Quito shadesable  Bouba  shadesable  Luna  tricolor Sandie goldsable
Luds
Admin
Admin

Post by Luds on Fri 01 Feb 2013, 17:05

Just went to the last place he was spotted in Aldershot - it's mostly MOD owned properties and lots and lots of old buildings fenced off (out of bounds) making the search difficult if he's there! I took a walk around with Quito but no luck...
Hope he's found soon crying Wish I had had posters to put up in the area to make the people who live there aware of him crying

~~~~~~~~~~~
Luds star 

linda

Post by linda on Fri 01 Feb 2013, 19:11

I have lost two of mine on two seperate occasions, Rocky was gone overnight for about 18 hours, and Leo was missing for about 2 hours.

On both occasions they were both running blind, and were only caught with the help of my 3rd sheltie Flowie - they saw her and stopped running. Rocky was approached very slowly with Flowie and then "pounced on" by one of the people searching for him (not recommended as it resulted in the person being bitten), and Leo just came running over to Flowie obviosly attracted to her familiar sight and sound.

Ive been thinking about Trouble ever since i heard he was missing, thankfully the weather is milder than it was a couple of weeks ago, and hopefully he will be reunited with his family very soon.

Linda
Lian
Open
Open

Post by Lian on Fri 01 Feb 2013, 22:38

Luds, Trouble has a nickname "Colin" (after my Colin :) because he likes Colin so much) which he's well response to it. Maybe your Marley will be attracted to him as he looks very much like Smo, the blue Merle Sheltie he lives with. Good Luck and thank you for helping. Shamed that we are too far away now but if needed, Colin and I will pop down to help searching.

Gillian
Junior
Junior

Sheltie missing

Post by Gillian on Fri 01 Feb 2013, 22:44

Myself and OH went to Aldershot this afternoon. They had a search dog in the grounds but no sign. Others were walking the perimiter fence incase Trouble ran out. We walked the estate with Folly, asking people to look out for a dog that looked like her. There were posters everywhere but most people said "what dog what posters". One lady said said "I have their number on my phone incase i see him".Nice lady. There have been no sightings today at all. Feel helpless.
Gillian goldsable Ivy bluemerle Genie tricolor Folly.
Lian
Open
Open

Post by Lian on Fri 01 Feb 2013, 22:53

Was there a search dog, Gill? If you follow the thread on the Facebook, they said it wasn't any search dog and they think the man that arranged the search dog was very dodgy.
evita0_8
Open
Open

Post by evita0_8 on Sat 02 Feb 2013, 07:55

This is copied from DogLost for anyone able to help:

Trouble's family are really grateful for the help and support that everyone has given. They have asked for anyone who is free to meet at Tescos Aldershot at 10am on Saturday for a co ordinated massive search of land and flyer postering. The address Tesco Aldershot Wellington Avenue GU11 1SQ

Fingers crossed he is found soon.

Denise
Luds
Admin
Admin

Post by Luds on Sat 02 Feb 2013, 13:59

No luck this morning on our walk spotting Trouble... just seen post about meeting (which I missed), wonder if anyone has seen him Wink

~~~~~~~~~~~
Luds star 

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu 27 Jul 2017, 17:36