A forum for anyone interested in shetland sheepdogs (shelties)

LOST SHELTIE IN SCOTLAND

burnmist
Open
Open

Re: LOST SHELTIE IN SCOTLAND

Post by burnmist on Fri 17 Aug 2012, 21:45

So sorry to hear Harvey is still missing Our thoughts and prayers are with Kathleen and Andrew for his safe return home.

Annette and Jeanette
rdiamond
Open
Open

Post by rdiamond on Sun 19 Aug 2012, 23:54

Prayers for him to be found
mary wynn
Open
Open

Post by mary wynn on Mon 20 Aug 2012, 21:16

am keeping fingers crossed that we will hear good news soon of harvey.
Pat Wallis

Post by Pat Wallis on Tue 21 Aug 2012, 09:41

There is always hope. Never give in. He is either surviving out there or someone has taken him in. Many years ago a sheltie was found after being missing for a few months. I think he belonged to June Johns. was his name Buck???

~~~~~~~~~~~
Kathleen Cooper
Maiden
Maiden

Lost Sheltie, Harvey

Post by Kathleen Cooper on Tue 21 Aug 2012, 11:47

I would dearly love to think he is safe somewhere, either in a wee den that he has made or someone has taken him in, the latter being unlikely as he would not willingly have gone with anyone. He was very much my dog, my protector, a very faithful boy, always at my feet when I was stationary or following me. This is what makes it so disquietening, to think he cannot get home. My husband goes up the hill daily to where he was last seen and to search around the bracken/bramble area but it is a mammoth task. I have been given the loan of night vision equipment but so far have not had the opportunity to use it. Certainly it would pick up any animals eyes very clearly if they were hiding, but looking at me. It is now a full calendar month since he disappeared. We keep hoping.
torriglen
Maiden
Maiden

Post by torriglen on Tue 21 Aug 2012, 16:25

Oh Kathleen I really know what you are going through as I was once in a similar situation myself though my sheltie had lots of sightings I never seemed to be in the right place at the right time. My boy was finally found by a man out shooting with his springer spaniel.
One thing I do remember being told at the time was that a lost dog will keep within a 5 mile radius for the first few days but gradually widens this distance as time goes by. I pray that you find him and gets home soon.
harries
Limit
Limit

Post by harries on Fri 19 Oct 2012, 22:57

It is reported on another list there may be a sighting of Harvey. Apparently if it is him Kathleen says he is about 3 miles from home but just will not come to the house. He has been gone 3 months and it would just be brilliant if he could be caught.

Sand
Claire N

Post by Claire N on Sat 20 Oct 2012, 07:33

Fingers and paws crossed here that somethinng will come of this sighting

Claire
Kathleen Cooper
Maiden
Maiden

Post by Kathleen Cooper on Sat 20 Oct 2012, 08:11

This dog, which may or may not be Harvey was sighted nearly 2 weeks ago on a road in our village which would take him only 2 minutes to trot home. It would appear that if this is Harvey, he has stayed fairly close but exceedingly well hidden from humans. The fox trap is probably our best bet. So far we have caught a greedy hedgehog who enjoyed the bonio plus sausages! Just have to keep looking and hoping.
Karmidale
Open
Open

Post by Karmidale on Sat 20 Oct 2012, 09:13

We are all hoping that Harvey will come home to you and it is uplifting to have had a possible positive sighting so recently after all this time.
mary wynn
Open
Open

Post by mary wynn on Sun 21 Oct 2012, 20:30

sending positive thoughts that this will be your harvey kathleen.

and that he will be soon home with you.

mary.
mollyabbi
Graduate
Graduate

Post by mollyabbi on Sun 21 Oct 2012, 21:48

I do hope the sightings are bringing hope and Harvey will soon be reunited

It must be a nightmare of worry for you all

From Margaret Megan sablegallop and Poppy tricolor gallop
mary wynn
Open
Open

Post by mary wynn on Sat 03 Nov 2012, 20:13

has there been any more news about harvey yet?

i can not stop worying and thinking of him. tissue

mary.
Kathleen Cooper
Maiden
Maiden

Post by Kathleen Cooper on Sat 03 Nov 2012, 21:09

I have just spent about half an hour writing a reply, pressed a button and it has vanished.
The latest news of Harvey is that he is still missing 14 weeks on. There have been 3 recent possible sightings of a dog like Harvey, but so far no success in trapping him. We have two fox traps up but so far only cats and hedgehogs. Fireworks tonight so that won't have helped. We just have to keep looking and hoping. I have replaced all our posters reminding people that he is still missing. It is getting rather cool at night now, so hopefully he will make himself more visible while foraging for food.
mary wynn
Open
Open

Post by mary wynn on Sat 03 Nov 2012, 22:25

thank you kathleen for your reply.

just pray harvey will come home soon.

mary.
Iris Woodward
Graduate
Graduate

Post by Iris Woodward on Thu 08 Nov 2012, 11:53

I have been so worried for you all, is there any more news?

I lost my first sheltie for 9days he was only 18months and we left him at my Mum and Dads house the other side of Nottingham so he didn't know the area, he got out the front door and run off looking for us, the worry was terrible wondering if he was alright, people kept ringing up after seeing him and somebody took him in for the night and let him go next morning. Eventually my husband sat in the car all night near my Mums house and he saw him, the relief was indescribable so don't give up hope Shelties are very good at finding their way home.

I hope you have a positive result and you get him back, I will be thinking about you all.

Iris.
Kathleen Cooper
Maiden
Maiden

Post by Kathleen Cooper on Thu 08 Nov 2012, 12:48

I have been in touch with a guy who is prepared to set up his own remote night vision cameras which record any movement near my fox traps which will maybe let us know if there is any movement near the crates and if there is, is it Harvey. He cannot do this until another 10 days but it is a wonderful offer, and if nothing materialises in the meantime, the cameras may tell us more. It will be 16 weeks on Saturday since he has been missing. Only recently have my other two shelties gone back to playing with their squeaky toys, so it has taken them quite a long time to come to terms with their pal being missing. Harvey has always been here as far as they are concerned.
Daisyway
Open
Open

Post by Daisyway on Thu 08 Nov 2012, 12:55

Still hoping for a happy ending for you Kathleen.
rdiamond
Open
Open

Post by rdiamond on Thu 08 Nov 2012, 21:31

Really hoping you're reunited with your special boy very soon
mary wynn
Open
Open

Post by mary wynn on Thu 08 Nov 2012, 21:55

lets hope the night cameras can help to find harvey.

thats very kind of that man to help you. clap

thinking of you all.
mary.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue 19 Sep 2017, 21:39