A forum for anyone interested in shetland sheepdogs (shelties)

LOST SHELTIE IN SCOTLAND

Shelridge
Open
Open

LOST SHELTIE IN SCOTLAND

Post by Shelridge on Sun 22 Jul 2012, 11:25

Harvey, one of Kathleen Cooper's boys is nearly 10 years old and went missing yesterday after being frightened by a bigger dog. Occasionally when this has happened before he's run home - he wasn't very far from home when he fled. He hasn't come home though and Kathleen is worried that his is caught up in gorse or brambles.

The location is G84 which is Helensburgh and Rosneath peninsula, Argyll area. She has notified Doglost and has put their posters around the area. A friend with two dogs is going to help search; Kathleen's other two Shelties have failed to find him so far.

He is rather timid and Kathleen is very worried about him.

He is a striking looking red sable with a wide white blaze - you can see him on Doglost.

Christine

Re: LOST SHELTIE IN SCOTLAND

Post by Guest on Sun 22 Jul 2012, 12:13

Have cross posted on Twitter and Facebook. I do hope he is soon home. I know how it feels and Kathleen must be devastated,praying he is spotted x
Claire N

Post by Claire N on Sun 22 Jul 2012, 13:12

I do hope he is found soon, he's very handsome - what a worrying time crying

Claire
Pacarane
Limit
Limit

Post by Pacarane on Sun 22 Jul 2012, 13:34

Hope he is home soon

Pat
Pat Wallis

Post by Pat Wallis on Sun 22 Jul 2012, 14:10

Our worse nightmare. I hope he is found soon.

~~~~~~~~~~~
Shelridge
Open
Open

Post by Shelridge on Sun 22 Jul 2012, 16:26

Thanks for crossposting David. I've heard nothing more since this morning. I do hope they find him before nightfall.

Christine

Post by Guest on Sun 22 Jul 2012, 18:09

Very sad - i have a contact in Helensburgh, who is in the Police - would you like me to email her ?? thinking
Shelridge
Open
Open

Post by Shelridge on Sun 22 Jul 2012, 20:26

The more help the better Nina! Kathleen didn't get much joy from the police yesterday. I haven't heard any more and daren't enquire.

Christine
Pacarane
Limit
Limit

Post by Pacarane on Mon 23 Jul 2012, 11:17

Do hope there will be a sighting soon

Pat
Lian
Open
Open

Post by Lian on Mon 23 Jul 2012, 12:19

Such a worried! Let's hope he is found soon!
susan
Limit
Limit

Post by susan on Mon 23 Jul 2012, 12:32

Hope harveys found soon, safe and well.

Susan goldsable shadesable tricolor

Post by Guest on Mon 23 Jul 2012, 13:43

Shelridge wrote:The more help the better Nina! Kathleen didn't get much joy from the police yesterday. I haven't heard any more and daren't enquire.

Christine

will email her now Wink

Post by Guest on Mon 23 Jul 2012, 14:05

cheers Just had a reply off my friend in the area - she is one of Kath's best friends up there and is already helping out in the search for Harvey - she was out and about looking at 4.30 am this morning, but sadly no sightings .
burnmist
Open
Open

Post by burnmist on Mon 23 Jul 2012, 21:52

Hope Harvey is soon found safe and sound

Annette
sharon Main
Graduate
Graduate

Post by sharon Main on Mon 23 Jul 2012, 22:12

Hope Harvey is found soon crying

Shaz
rdiamond
Open
Open

Post by rdiamond on Fri 27 Jul 2012, 01:07

oh hope someone finds him
Kathleen Cooper
Maiden
Maiden

Lost Sheltie, Harvey

Post by Kathleen Cooper on Fri 27 Jul 2012, 11:45

Not sure how to go about commenting on this website, but if this works it is just to say thank you to all for everyone's kind thoughts. No news re Harvey. He has just vanished, no sightings at all. He has now been away overnight for 6 nights so maybe he will have got over his original trauma and will attempt to head home now. I'm sure he would if he could. We have had 2 dry days here which has made it much more pleasant for scouring the hillside and our village, but the rain has returned. It is an appalling terrain in parts, forestry cleared of big trees but they have left lots of mess behind of uprooted and bits of tree all higglety pigglety, lots of holes to hide or fall into and impossible for humans to make headway into. Not the sort of place that Harvey would normally choose to go into but in a panic, goodness knows what he would do. We will just have to keep positive thoughts and keep looking. People stop their cars all the time to ask if it is my dog that is missing while I'm out on any tarmac areas, so he is known to be missing by just about everyone on our peninsula. Hopefully someone somewhere will spot him.
j.dimmock
Puppy
Puppy

LOST SHELTIE IN SCOTLAND

Post by j.dimmock on Fri 27 Jul 2012, 20:17

Hi Kathleen,
So sorry to hear there is no news of Harvey keep praying for his safe return. Just a thought I don't know if you're in an area where there is Mountain Search and Rescue maybe they would help for a donation!! Anythings worth a try.

Jeanne
Karmidale
Open
Open

Post by Karmidale on Fri 27 Jul 2012, 22:13

j.dimmock wrote:
Hi Kathleen,
So sorry to hear there is no news of Harvey keep praying for his safe return. Just a thought I don't know if you're in an area where there is Mountain Search and Rescue maybe they would help for a donation!! Anythings worth a try.

Jeanne

Great idea Jeanne, I am sure many of us would find a little something to send to help Harvey if this was possible?
glennieblue
Open
Open

Post by glennieblue on Mon 13 Aug 2012, 08:17

Is there any news of Harvey,its been a long time now.
Glennieblue
Kathleen Cooper
Maiden
Maiden

Post by Kathleen Cooper on Mon 13 Aug 2012, 10:36

No news at all about Harvey. He has totally vanished. My son and his family came over yesterday and helped Andrew on the hillside, but no Harvey. I have access to the forest road with my car now, through locked gates, but have failed to see anything. Quite eerie up there in the dark. I am beginning to think that we will never know what happened. He was so close to home and he knows the hillside path well, there really was no reason for him not to be at home when Andrew returned 10 to 15 minutes later. It is raining again today which makes searching amongst the bracken more difficult. I am frustratingly confined to the house, or driving my automatic car because of my knee injury, so cannot climb the hill myself.
I am now hoping that if Harvey has had a heart attack, he had it on day one and hasn't had to suffer. Just have to keep hoping for a happy outcome.
Kathleen
Shelridge
Open
Open

Post by Shelridge on Mon 13 Aug 2012, 13:06

Sadly no. It has now been more than 3 weeks and Kathleen continues to search but absolutely no sightings.

Christine
collinvale
Graduate
Graduate

Post by collinvale on Thu 16 Aug 2012, 23:01

Oh no.. this is terrible... positive thoughts he finds his way home or is found... I remember years ago a collie ran out of Richmond show ground (Ascot racecourse)... took days to find him he was caught up in brambles behind somebodys house!..... dont give up hope
Karmidale
Open
Open

Post by Karmidale on Thu 16 Aug 2012, 23:16

Our thoughts and positive wishes are still with Kathleen and Andrew for Harvey's safe return
Beechmere
Graduate
Graduate

Post by Beechmere on Fri 17 Aug 2012, 15:06

So sorry Harvey is still missing you must be frantic with worry .i have been in this position but my girl was found after a week so i have some idea how you are feeling and my thoughts are with you
Marlene

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon 24 Jul 2017, 19:47