A forum for anyone interested in shetland sheepdogs (shelties)

SHELTIE LOST

Shelridge
Open
Open

SHELTIE LOST

Post by Shelridge on Tue 15 May 2012, 13:08

Cross-posted for Barbara Thornley.

A Black and White Sheltie aged 11 is missing in the Red Lodge (Newmarket) area. She was being looked after by a friend of Gill Derbyshire. Gill is going to hospital today for a cataract operation, so her friend Pat collected Lottie yesterday at 4.00 from Gill. Lottie knows Pat well because they walk together most days, but a caller came to the front door and Pat opened it without thinking, so Lottie ran off.

Lottie is rather nervous, she belonged to a lady who sadly died and as Gill bred her she took her back and she has been with Gill since last autumn. She is fine with Gill but nervous of other people as she has lived a sheltered life.

Her microchip number is 981000002741149. I am ‘phoning all the Vets and Boarding Kennels in the area, the police and the dog warden have been told as have Dogs Lost.

Bridget Jamieson is on the case and all the usual things have been done. Lottie has been sighted only a mile from Pat's house. Let's hope she's recovered safely really soon.

Christine

Karmidale
Open
Open

Re: SHELTIE LOST

Post by Karmidale on Tue 15 May 2012, 13:42

Fingers crossed for Lottie's safe return.
Claire N

Post by Claire N on Tue 15 May 2012, 13:48

Hope she is found soon.

~~~~~~~~~~~
Claire

Our precious girls ~ Crystal shadesable  Tissa goldsable  Keeva shadesable  Leyla goldsable
                                                     Remembering Kerrie rose
Rosemary
Puppy
Puppy

Post by Rosemary on Tue 15 May 2012, 14:33

Has anyone got a picture of Lottie as we need one on DogLost to get posters done please!!!
Rosemary
Puppy
Puppy

Post by Rosemary on Tue 15 May 2012, 14:43

I have pinched 2 images from the internet, not sure if they bear a resembalnce

http://i41.servimg.com/u/f41/17/51/54/89/images13.jpg

http://i41.servimg.com/u/f41/17/51/54/89/images14.jpg
Shelridge
Open
Open

Post by Shelridge on Tue 15 May 2012, 15:32

Wendy Matthews put on some photos of her black and white boy last week.

Christine
Rosemary
Puppy
Puppy

Post by Rosemary on Tue 15 May 2012, 15:42

Thanks Christine I have found a stock photo that Barbara says is similar but the ears are pricked, but DogLost will put a similar dog across the photo.
mary wynn
Open
Open

Post by mary wynn on Tue 15 May 2012, 16:47

lets pray that lotties is found safe and well
Rosemary
Puppy
Puppy

Post by Rosemary on Tue 15 May 2012, 21:56

No news we have been out searching this evening, she was sighted next to Ridgeons during this morning, but sadly no luck as yet and no further sightings. I have seen Pat and given her loads of posters to put up or house drop.
seashel
Open
Open

Post by seashel on Tue 15 May 2012, 23:02

Keeping everything crossed for her safe and speedy return.
Pat Wallis

Post by Pat Wallis on Wed 16 May 2012, 10:38

Anymore news/sightings? I hope she is found soon.

~~~~~~~~~~~
rdiamond
Open
Open

Post by rdiamond on Wed 16 May 2012, 19:47

Really hope she is found soon poor girl
Rosemary
Puppy
Puppy

Post by Rosemary on Fri 18 May 2012, 08:13

Message from Barbara
Gill has been out all afternoon and they saw Lottie, very close to home but there was a noisy person just in front who shouted and Lottie cleared off again. Janet and I will go there tomorrow morning with Gill’s other dogs who are staying with us, so that might help Lottie to relax a bit.

Rosemary
Puppy
Puppy

Post by Rosemary on Fri 18 May 2012, 08:13

I went over last night and met Gill whilst out on the track, where last sighted Lottie is so very close to home and very very nearly there.

Let's hope for some good news today.

Rosemary
squirrel
Graduate
Graduate

Post by squirrel on Fri 18 May 2012, 13:27

Please keep us updated. Fingers and toes crossed for a happy ending, she's been gone a long time now. She must be so scared poor thing.
Rosemary
Puppy
Puppy

Post by Rosemary on Fri 18 May 2012, 18:12

Another message from Barbara

We’ve had quite a frustrating day today. Gill went out very early this morning but didn’t see her. Then Gill, Janet and I, plus Gill’s three Shelties left Gill’s house at 10.00. We had walked along the farm track which is where Gill walks the dogs every day and we saw Lottie in the distance further along the track when we had been walking for about 10 minutes. Janet spotted her through the field glass and she was just sniffing around. So we tried to make Gill’s dogs bark, but although they don’t stop at home, they had no inclination to do it on a walk!! We did eventually get one to bark and Lottie looked back in our direction and stood looking. So we turned around and walked the other way hoping that she would follow which of course she didn’t.

We then carried on in the direction we started and she kept in front a good distance away, then we lost sight. We came to a place where the track split and in front of us was a huge field with potatoes just beginning to grow, she was in the middle of this and we could see her easily. She was heading away from Tuddenham so we decided we needed to split up, walk up either side of the field and try to head her back towards home. Just then the farmer came along in his four wheel drive, so we told him our problem and he could see Lottie in the distance. So he told us to get in, and he took us in a circle so that we ended up behind her. We came over a ridge and there she was, 10 feet from the car (if that), so we got out and Janet walked in an arc behind Lottie and I waited to see where she would go, but she took one look at us and trotted off in the direction we didn’t want her to go. She doesn’t run, she just trots at a fast pace which is very frustrating, but we had to leave her because she was heading towards the road, one place we didn’t want her to go.

We then came home and decided that the only way we can get her is a trap because she will not respond to people at all. In fact the more people that she sees the more she panics and goes off. We know where she is, so we don’t really need people to look for her now, Gill doesn’t think it will help to have loads of people looking, so it seems we need a trap from somewhere. The dog warden doesn’t care less, so someone mentioned a trap on this list, it may have been Rosemary. (Rosemary - I have put this in hand with the DogLost coordinator)

Gill is going out tonight when we hope it will be quiet with few people about, although we only saw the farmer today. It is a popular area for dog walkers so the weekend might give us some problems as there will be more people around. There are pigs in one of the fields and it is easy for Lottie to slip through the fence and help herself to the complete food they feed the pigs – she didn’t look stressed or injured, just determined not to look a human in the eye!

Frustrating or what!!
Mistvale
Open
Open

Post by Mistvale on Fri 18 May 2012, 18:22

Could Gill get down on the floor and lay down and whimper or cry to try to attract Lottie to her when she is in sight?
Karmidale
Open
Open

Good news

Post by Karmidale on Fri 18 May 2012, 18:29

Just heard Lottie is now safely home, will let Barbara fill you in with all the details, what a wonderful job everyone has done and poor Gill must be exhausted.
Karmidale
Open
Open

Post by Karmidale on Fri 18 May 2012, 18:29

yipee .
Mistvale
Open
Open

Post by Mistvale on Fri 18 May 2012, 18:31

Whoa, wonderful news, thank goodness. Thanks for the update.
Rosemary
Puppy
Puppy

Post by Rosemary on Fri 18 May 2012, 18:43

Message from Barbara

Just had a call from Gill to say Lottie was in the kitchen! Gill had been out this afternoon and seen her in a field back nearer to the house. She moved towards Lottie but she ran off, so she sat down with the dogs while Lottie watched from the other side of the field. She then disappeared into the trees and Gill went over to look but couldn’t see her. Eventually she decided to go back home and go out in the evening.

Someone knocked on her door just about ten minutes ago to ask if the dog standing on the village green was hers, she looked out and it was Lottie. Gill called her and she just ambled across to the house looking very tired but she wouldn’t go in the front door until Gill stood away from it. So after a very traumatic few days for both Gill and Lottie, she’s back, covered in burs and mud, but well.

Gill asked me to thank everyone for their messages, help and suggestions, she has appreciated everyone’s concerns and thoughts. Rosemary, she said she will contact you tomorrow but now she just needs to have a stiff drink and then go to bed because she is mentally and physically exhausted.

So thank you again everyone
Stormhead
Open
Open

Post by Stormhead on Fri 18 May 2012, 18:46

Wow i am so pleased, Very Happy Very Happy i was so worried when i heard about the pig field, if it's the one i see when i come up to lakenheath.It's very close to the main A11 a very fast duel carraigeway.I must admit to looking very closely along the verges of the road when i went up thursday. Far too many blown lorry tyres for my liking.

Lets hope poor Gill can now get some rest as i think you are to take things easy when you've had an eye op. ?

clap Very Happy yipee clap Very Happy yipee

June bluemerle shadesable bluemerle goldsable goldsable
mary wynn
Open
Open

Post by mary wynn on Fri 18 May 2012, 19:38

thank god thats great news. hope you feel better soon jill. roses
Claire N

Post by Claire N on Fri 18 May 2012, 19:47

Fabulous news Very Happy clap yipee

~~~~~~~~~~~
Claire

Our precious girls ~ Crystal shadesable  Tissa goldsable  Keeva shadesable  Leyla goldsable
                                                     Remembering Kerrie rose
seashel
Open
Open

Post by seashel on Fri 18 May 2012, 20:41

Wonderful news!! What a relief yipee clap

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri 24 Nov 2017, 20:35