A forum for anyone interested in shetland sheepdogs (shelties)

How to get started on All4shelties UK

Luds
Admin
Admin

positif How to get started on All4shelties UK

Post by Luds on Fri 25 Aug 2006, 18:56

Topics

To create a new topic, go the category which is appropriate and click on New.
A new window will open, Give your new topic an explicit title so it will be easier to find later on. For instance, in the category Members Presentations, you could use your name or kennel name to introduce yourself and your dogs.
Write your message, you can use smilies by clicking on them on the left handside. Then you can, if you choose to, include a poll. If you don't want to include a poll leave this part blank.
Press preview to see what your message will look like or to check your spelling again. If it's ok, click send.

That's it you've sent your first topic

You can edit your message once posted if you realise there's a mistake . To do so, click on the button edit on the top right handside of the message box and correct or change the details, then press send.
If you wish to, you can delete your message by clicking the cross (but make sure that's what you want to do as you won't be able to retrieve it).

To reply to a topic, just open the topic, then press the reply button and the rest is identical to creating your own topic.

If you want to reply using a quote of someone else message, then press the quote button on the top right handside corner of the message you want to quote, this will take you to a reply page with the quote already included. All you have to do then is type your reply and send .

Photos

The process to post a picture is a bit long but necessary (there are no other way to have a picture up on the forum I'm afraid! ).

If you want to include a picture in your message, you need to click on the button Insert your image.This will take you to a free hosting site.

Once on the site (called imageshack.us), you need to click first on resize image? to tick it, the size you should chose is 640x480(for message board) (This will allow the picture to fit the window of the forum).
Then click on browse to find the picture in your computer files. You can also click on the box remove the bar if you want to.
Click Host it!
You will obtain a series of lines with addresses, choose the one which has hotlink for forum 1 written after it. Select the line and copy it (right click copy). Close the imageshack window which allows you to see your message box on the forum. Click in the box where you want to include the picture and again right-click, choose paste. You should see an address on your screen where your picture will be (you will only be able to see the picture once you've clicked preview).

Link to your own website

If you have a website you can add a link to it by clicking on the Profile button at the top of the main page.
Scroll down to the Web Site box and type in your web address, go to the bottom of the page and click save. Now everytime you post a message a little blue box will appear beneath your message containing the letters 'www'. Anybody clicking on this box will now be transferred to your website.

Other details...

I will only ask that everyone stay polite and considerate. No personal attacks or rude responses.

On All4shelties, we welcome show results (agility, breed etc...) but only to celebrate members success... criticism and issues in and around the ring must be delt there and NOT on the forum.

Avoid using text language as not everyone likes it or can read it.

Be clear and precise but remember that written language doesn't convey moods so smilies are there to help us show when we are serious and when we're not.

It is stricly forbidden to copy anything from this site to post it elsewhere without the explicit permission from the author and the administrator of the forum.

We will be particularly strict regarding pictures! For those who will post images, it might be good to have your name added to the picture using a photo software to limit a little the risk of copying.

Thank you
Luds
Admin
Admin

positif Re: How to get started on All4shelties UK

Post by Luds on Mon 12 Oct 2009, 07:26

I've amended the Etiquette section as I feel strongly about the point added regarding Show results - experience has taught me that Show results MUST only be reported on a forum to celebrate one's results.

Thank you for your understanding in this matter

~~~~~~~~~~~
Luds star 
www.fleurdemai.weebly.com

Quito shadesable  Bouba  shadesable  Luna  tricolor Sandie goldsable

Post by Guest on Tue 01 Feb 2011, 15:32

Luds, we got your kind offer to downsize a photo of Misty to help us out, & Dave thought he replied immediatiely with said photo BUT as that was at least 2 weeks ago should I get him to try again? I so wish I was savvy enough to do this & not bother you.

Really helpful suggestions to my latest post, very sensible & its up to me now to try & put them into practice for Misty's sake & safety.

JeanT

Post by Guest on Tue 01 Feb 2011, 15:41

Luds, please excuse me if this is a repetition of a message just sent to you but it just seemed to disappear rather than be sent! Dave sent you a photo of Misty as you kindly offered to reduce it for us for inclusion with future posts. As this was at least 2 weeks ago do I get him to try again?! Sorry to be a nuisance, perhaps his message disappeared into the ether as well. I,m rubbish at this but got some great training ideas today.
Luds
Admin
Admin

Post by Luds on Tue 01 Feb 2011, 18:33

So sorry Jean, I've missed your messsages ... would you mind resending? I'll try and do it tonight or tomorrow Wink

~~~~~~~~~~~
Luds star 
www.fleurdemai.weebly.com

Quito shadesable  Bouba  shadesable  Luna  tricolor Sandie goldsable

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Wed 18 Oct 2017, 22:55